The Destitution Project (DP) runs a weekly Drop-In Centre in the Wesley Suite at Victoria Hall (postcode: BL1 2AF) every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm.
Asylum seekers, destitute/refused asylum seekers and refugees are welcome to visit the Drop-In and make use of our services, which include:
- a caseworker available to help service users (there is also a casework session each Friday from 10am to 1pm, by appointment only – call the number above);
- a trained triage team to assist our caseworker and provide further support to our service users;
- tea, coffee and biscuits all day;
- a hot meal cooked on the premises;
- free donated clothes and bedding;
- destitute service users are provided with a week's groceries, toiletries etc., as needed;
- table tennis, pool and football tables;
- English lessons and many other classes, e.g., arts and crafts;
- a free barber;
- if we have excess donated food items they are given away to service users.
Everything we offer is FREE for our service users, however, first priority is given to refused asylum seekers (with no recourse to public funds), asylum seekers and then refugees.
Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate school-aged children at the Drop In on Wednesdays. Please call our caseworker at 07860389275 who can arrange an appointment to see you if you need to come in with school-aged children.