We are here> EVERY Wednesday between 10.00am and 3.00pm. We support Asylum Seekers, Refugees, destitute Asylum Seekers and their families.
We are all volunteers, except one funded caseworker.
We are noted for going 'the extra mile' and on the other 6 days we provide many services outside of the actual drop-in, such as meeting our service users off site to complete vital paperwork.
- Accompany and support our service users at Home Office appeals, recently at Manchester, Bradford and Liverpool.
- We visit those in detention and arrange representation for them.
- Deliver food to those too infirm to collect from us.
- Make travel plans, buy travel tickets and meet them at bus and train stations.
- Collect and deliver food and donated items.
- Visit organisations and speak about the life of an Asylum seeker and how we at D.P. help.
- Teach English in other premises.
- Obtain accommodation for those homeless.
We are founder members of Bolton, City of Sanctuary who do marvellous work. https://bolton.cityofsanctuary.org
We have links with BAND who specialise in mental health issues and visit us and support our clients. http://www.band.org.uk
The BHA attend us and help with our clients medical needs. https://www.thebha.org.uk
We have many activities at the drop-in - see these >